So, thank you to the several of you that have requested that I start a blog; I'm flattered. I didn't know you could even request that someone start a blog. Let alone that there were people out there interested in my life/thoughts. I have several adventures that I'd like to post about (waiting for pics from Mel) but before I do I'd like to throw a few things out there about my fears of blogging.
1. I'm afraid I'll only blog when I'm at the extremes of emotions or thoughts (kind of like the journals of happy people who only write when they're mad, or depressed people who only write in their moments of bliss).
2. I'm afraid of who will and won't, as well as if anyone will or will not read my blog. (I haven't decided which one I fear the most: that I actually am as unimportant and uninteresting, as I feel sometimes and they won’t. Or that they will and will discover much more about me than I ever intended or more than they wanted to…probably that they will.)
3. I am also afraid of thinking so much about what I’m writing that I become over analytical of my writing or the topic that I’ll never post.
4. That I will end up writing things that will hurt those reading because I won’t censor my thoughts/feelings enough.
5. I don't know for sure that you people realize what you're asking for!
6. That without another end to the conversation my thoughts will be incomplete, piece-y, and not truly reflective of the reality of how I feel.
So, In answer to your requests, along with this disclaimer:
These are My thoughts; My adventures; My philosophies. All from My point of view. Odds are, the way I see things is not how many of you see them and that you’re likely to be bugged by some of the stuff rolling around in my head.
This is my blog.
However, for those of you who know me well, and especially those of you who requested I start blog, you probably not only expected this, but anticipated it. Dare I say even hoped for?
Also, I am going to attempt to be pretty open and honest about a lot things, that I previously have not been (hence the worry of those I care about being hurt). Obviously I have no problems sharing thoughts, ideas, and opinions and many of you are often shocked about what comes out of my mouth but you’d be so proud of me if only you knew what I manage to keep in!
Anyway, that’s not all that I mean. Many, if not all of you would also be shocked at the rest of what goes on inside. Most of what I tend to discuss with people is of no real consequence to me and any thing that is has been under lock and key with gorillas and sarcasm and nonchalance and distance and Mounties. Or, on the other hand, maybe I’m not as guarded and seemingly cold as I think. In which case, I’d be pleased.
Okay enough of this over-thinking a simple first blog entry. Let’s get started.
And believe it or not, often I’m at a loss as to what to write about so…any requests?